What is the E-Visa of Vietnam?
The e-visa is an alternative to a paper-based visa issued by the embassies of Vietnam. Instead of applying for a visa at the embassies of Vietnam, the Immigration Department of Vietnam has now launched an E-VISA program, which enables you to apply for a visa online.
The e-visa of Vietnam is an official document issued online by the Immigration Department of Vietnam that allows a citizen of selected countries to enter and travel in Vietnam for maximum 30 days with single entry.
Citizens from the following countries are eligible for Vietnam’s E-Visa program:
Ports of entry
E-visa holders can enter and exit Vietnam through any checkpoint in 28 international checkpoints as below:
- Noi Bai international airport in Hanoi city
- Tan Son Nhat international airport in Ho Chi Minh city
- Cam Ranh international airport in Nha Trang city
- Da Nang international airport in Da Nang city
- Cat Bi international airport in Hai Phong city
- Can Tho international airport in Can Tho city
- Phu Quoc international airport in Phu Quoc island
- Phu Bai international airport in Hue city
- Mong Cai border gate in Quang Ninh Province (border with China)
- Friendship or Huu Nghi border gate in Lang Son province (border with China)
- Lao Cai border gate in Lao Cai province (border with China)
- Nam Can border gate in Nghe An province (border with Laos)
- Cau Treo border gate in Ha Tinh province (border with Laos)
- Cha Lo border gate in Quang Binh province (border with Laos)
- Lao Bao border gate in Quang Binh province (border with Laos)
- Bo Y border gate in Kon Tum province (border with Cambodia & Laos)
- Moc Bai border gate in Tay Ninh province (border with Cambodia)
- Xa Mat border gate in Tay Ninh province (border with Cambodia)
- Tinh Bien border gate in An Giang province (border with Cambodia)
- Song Tien border gate in Tien Giang province (border with Cambodia)
- Ha Tien border gate in Kien Giang province (border with Cambodia)
- Tay Trang border gate in Dien Bien province (border with Laos)
- Na Meo border gate in Thanh Hoa province (border with Laos)
- La Lay border gate in Quang Tri province (border with Laos)
- Hon Gai port in Quang Ninh province
- Hai Phong port in Hai Phong province
- Nha Trang port in Nha Trang city (Khanh Hoa provice)
- Da Nang port in Da Nang city
- Quy Nhon port in Quy Nhon city (Binh Dinh province)
- Vung Tau port in Vung Tau city (Ba Ria Vung Tau province)
- Ho Chi Minh port in Ho Chi Minh city
- Chan May port in Thua Thien Hue province
- Duong Dong port in Phu Quoc island (Kien Giang province).
Requirements to apply for an e-visa:
– All e-visa applicants must live outside Vietnam.
– Hold a valid passport which must be valid at least six (6) months after arrival to Vietnam.
– Have an email address for communicating & receiving their e-visa.
– A copy of your passport and a digital photo are required to complete the online form. Learn more
- We respect your privacy and image rights.
- We do not give away or sell your photo & passport copy to anyone.
- We never use your images & passport copy in advertising or any other marketing activity.
What the e-visa of Vietnam looks like
Please see below for a sample of an e-visa of Vietnam.
A sample of an eVisa Vietnam
Why choose an E-visa?
– The e-Visa Vietnam is an official visa authorization from the Immigration Department of Vietnam. It is a simple electronic application that allows travelers to apply directly online, simplifying the procedures to enter Vietnam. Unlike “visa on arrival”, the E-visa does not require any application for an “approval letter” and of course, you do not need to stop at the “landing visa” desk to pick up the visa.
– The e-visa of Vietnam enables you to enter Vietnam via airports, land ports or seaports. It is good for travel to Vietnam by airplane, by road or by cruise ship.